How a non-transactional site can boost sales and improve customer loyalty
Over the last 2 years, we have seen the fastest digital acceleration yet, with businesses looking to bolster online capabilities and adopt more intelligent omnichannel experiences to keep up with the needs of today’s buyers. Covid-19’s impact on online shopping demand saw an eCommerce surge, alongside this saw a trend in leveraging non-transactional sites to support offline sales, build brand awareness and drive brand loyalty.
The meaning of non-transactional
By non-transactional, we simply mean that you’re not able to physically purchase products or services online. With a non-transactional site, businesses can drive offline sales and enquiries through customer-centric features. We often refer to non-transactional as a brochure or catalogue site.
Examples of a non-transactional site:
- Product catalogue - From limited product data to thousands of SKUs, use a product catalogue website with sophisticated on-site search to drive offline sales.
- Brochure website - Build brand awareness and drive in-store footfall with an expertly designed brochure website.
- Account area - Your products might not be directly sold online but this doesn’t mean you can’t automate the buying process. With an account area, allow your buyers to see their purchase history and allow them to pay on account.
- Password protected content - Restrict access to exclusive trade pricing/offers through password protected online content.
- Quote tool - Give your buyers the ability to create their own estimates through a quote tool, making the buying process quick and hassle-free.
- Product comparison tool - Empower your buyers to find the right products for their needs with a product comparison tool.
- Data sheets and technical specifications - Keep all your data sheets and specifications in one place and make them easily accessible for your buyers to view and download.