We’re extremely proud to announce that our client Williams Trade & Plumbing has won the Best B2B Website Launch at the eCommerce Awards 2022
With over 40 branches, Williams is the South of England’s leading plumbing merchant. Their existing eCommerce store could no longer keep pace with the needs of their customers and the threat of competitors. Williams, therefore, required a new trade-only eCommerce store that would allow their customers to easily and quickly purchase products, create quotes and manage their account - whilst having the ability to seamlessly integrate with their existing ERP.
As a Progressive Web App, the new Peracto powered eCommerce store empowers Williams’ three Regional Fulfilment Centres to deliver online purchases to customers 7 days a week, 364 days a year, to increase online revenue and provide a better customer experience.
With over 40 thriving trade counters, Williams required a site that would be able to replicate its excellent in store experience to help migrate users online. Since the site launch in June 2021, new users are up by 142%, this has been achieved through expertly designed self serve features, including:
- Dual-layer access, which enables the public to view the site but exclusively limits prices, promotions and ability to purchase through a verified trade account
- With increased delivery options, purchasing online has never been easier or faster, inc:
- Order before 12 midnight for next day delivery
- Delivery by Williams fleet for local deliveries and courier for other areas
- Click and collect
- Link shared for courier tracking
- Integration of mapping software showcases distance to the nearest branch and directions from current location
- Trade account holders can take advantage of online promotions to encourage migration online
- A password-protected, self-service area where all customer details are saved and can be updated at a touch of a button. Customers can view a real-time snapshot of their account, including order history, invoices and credits
- Key to the plumbing trade, users can add several delivery addresses, so items can be delivered directly to customer’s addresses
- As a Progressive Web App, the Williams website can operate offline, delivering key messages to customers with no disruption
eCommerce Awards 2022 had this to say about the win “The judges remarked that this was a great proposition, with very impressive post-launch results. A website that is clean, easy to use, with a good mix between store and online with click and collect options and fast delivery”
The Williams website is far from your traditional B2B eCommerce store, it goes above and beyond to offer a seamless buying experience for trade users. The sophisticated trade-only features, such as the quotes tool, multiple payment methods and delivery options, really stand out above their competitors. And, most importantly, they help to migrate the most traditional trade user from offline purchasing to online.
The website supports the heavily regulated plumbing and heating industry through clever integrations, making purchasing products safer and faster.
If you would like to hear more about the Peracto platform and its leading features and functionality, please get in touch with one of our experts.